Plan worship services which honor Christ, the Head of the Church.
A. Plan the general content and order of Sunday morning worship services.
1. Contact persons to be Worship Leaders for Sunday morning worship services.
2. Ask someone to be in charge of Children’s Time on Sunday mornings.
B. Plan the following special Sunday morning worship services:
1. Significant events of the Church Year: Lent, Passion Week, East, Pentecost, World Communion Sunday, Thanksgiving, Advent, and Christmas.
2. Special Emphasis Services including: Stewardship, Peace, Christian Education, Mutual Aid, Missions, Disabilities, Sanctity of Life etc.
3. Organizing the Annual All-Church Retreat
C. Identify possible sermon topics.
D. Evaluate the various components of past worship services.
E. Promote a better understanding of Anabaptist Mennonite Worship.
F. Appoint chair person annually from its members.
G. Submit report to Annual Business Meeting.
A. Accountable to: Board of Elders
B. Membership – five or six persons
2. Music Committee Chairperson
3. One Elder
4. Two persons appointed by Elders for a two year term.
Other Job Descriptions:
- Adult Superintendent
- Bible School Committee
- Board of Elders
- Boy’s Venture Club Leaders
- Cemetery Sexton
- Christian Nurture Committee
- Church Chorister
- Church Council Member
- Church Council Moderator
- Church Council Secretary
- Church Financial Officer
- Church Historian
- Congregational Life Editor
- Early Childhood Care Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Everence Representative
- Gift Discernment Committee
- Girl’s Venture Club Leaders
- Hospitality Coordinator
- IMS Board Member
- Iowa Mennonite Benevolent Association/Extension Committee Member
- Junior MYF Sponsors
- Lay Delegate to Central Plains Conference
- Library Committee
- MarriageCare Mentoring Program
- MC USA (Mennonite Church USA) Bi-Annual Convention Delegate
- MCC Sale Representative
- MDS Representative
- Mennonite Women President
- Mennonite Youth Fellowship (MYF) Sponsors
- Mid-Week Church Activity Committee
- Missions and Service Communicator
- Music Committee
- Office Manager
- Pastor, Lead
- Primary/Junior Superintendent
- Public Address System Operator
- Second Century Chronicle Editor
- Service Committee
- SIMCA Representative (Southeastern Iowa Mennonite Camp Association)
- Sunday School Secretary
- Usher, Assistant
- Usher, Head
- Worship Committee
- Youth Advocate Coordinators