Serve the congregation by providing food and hospitality.
A. Plan and arrange food donations, and serve meals for funerals at East Union and other occasions.
B. Organize Maundy Thursday meal preparations by setting tables, preparing drink, and cleaning up.
C. Help with special meals during the year including the annual business meeting and other church meetings/social events as asked by church council or pastor.
D. Help organize/ provide food for Senior Citizen Meals.
E. Delegate additional help ie. Sunday school classes or individuals as necessary.
A. Accountable to:
1. Church Council
B. Membership – two persons/couples elected annually to serve for a one year term. One person/couple will serve September-September and one person/couple will serve March-March. This provides two couples/persons to work together for staggering terms. Appointed by Gifts Discernment.
C. Chaired by Hospitality Coordinator.
Other Job Descriptions:
- Adult Superintendent
- Bible School Committee
- Board of Elders
- Boy’s Venture Club Leaders
- Cemetery Sexton
- Christian Nurture Committee
- Church Chorister
- Church Council Member
- Church Council Moderator
- Church Council Secretary
- Church Financial Officer
- Church Historian
- Congregational Life Editor
- Early Childhood Care Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Everence Representative
- Gift Discernment Committee
- Girl’s Venture Club Leaders
- Hospitality Coordinator
- IMS Board Member
- Iowa Mennonite Benevolent Association/Extension Committee Member
- Junior MYF Sponsors
- Lay Delegate to Central Plains Conference
- Library Committee
- MarriageCare Mentoring Program
- MC USA (Mennonite Church USA) Bi-Annual Convention Delegate
- MCC Sale Representative
- MDS Representative
- Mennonite Women President
- Mennonite Youth Fellowship (MYF) Sponsors
- Mid-Week Church Activity Committee
- Missions and Service Communicator
- Music Committee
- Office Manager
- Pastor, Lead
- Primary/Junior Superintendent
- Public Address System Operator
- Second Century Chronicle Editor
- Service Committee
- SIMCA Representative (Southeastern Iowa Mennonite Camp Association)
- Sunday School Secretary
- Usher, Assistant
- Usher, Head
- Worship Committee
- Youth Advocate Coordinators