Guide our high school age youth in their spiritual and social development through personal interaction and group activities.
A. Plan (along with the MYFers) at least two meetings each month maintaining a balance among Bible study, service, and social activities.
B. Serve as a role model/mentor/counselor for the MYF members.
C. Assist the MYF in raising funds for attendance at the Mennonite Youth Convention.
D. Attend the biannual Mennonite Youth Convention.
E. Work at integrating the MYF members into the life of the church.
F. Utilize bulletin board for MYF display for MYF when available.
G. By virtue of the position, one sponsor (determined by sponsors) will serve on the Christian Nurture Committee.
H. Submit report to Annual Business Meeting.
I. Comply with the East Union Sexual Misconduct Policy.
A. Accountable to: Christian Nurture Committee
B. Membership – Two – Four persons (two persons or couples). One person/couple selected annually by Gift Discernment to serve a two year term.
C. It is the intention that the congregation will budget for sponsor expenses to attend biannual youth conference.
Other Job Descriptions:
- Adult Superintendent
- Bible School Committee
- Board of Elders
- Boy’s Venture Club Leaders
- Cemetery Sexton
- Christian Nurture Committee
- Church Chorister
- Church Council Member
- Church Council Moderator
- Church Council Secretary
- Church Financial Officer
- Church Historian
- Congregational Life Editor
- Early Childhood Care Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Everence Representative
- Gift Discernment Committee
- Girl’s Venture Club Leaders
- Hospitality Coordinator
- IMS Board Member
- Iowa Mennonite Benevolent Association/Extension Committee Member
- Junior MYF Sponsors
- Lay Delegate to Central Plains Conference
- Library Committee
- MarriageCare Mentoring Program
- MC USA (Mennonite Church USA) Bi-Annual Convention Delegate
- MCC Sale Representative
- MDS Representative
- Mennonite Women President
- Mennonite Youth Fellowship (MYF) Sponsors
- Mid-Week Church Activity Committee
- Missions and Service Communicator
- Music Committee
- Office Manager
- Pastor, Lead
- Primary/Junior Superintendent
- Public Address System Operator
- Second Century Chronicle Editor
- Service Committee
- SIMCA Representative (Southeastern Iowa Mennonite Camp Association)
- Sunday School Secretary
- Usher, Assistant
- Usher, Head
- Worship Committee
- Youth Advocate Coordinators