Serve as a liaison between East Union congregation and the Iowa Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) Relief Sale.
A. Block the sale date on the church calendar.
B. Attend congregational representative meetings, (usually two per year).
C. Become acquainted with all information related to the sale and its publicity.
1. Distribute pamphlets in church mailboxes when received from publicity chair
2. Display posters in the church and encourage additional posting in work places.
D. Promote My Coins Count during offering times and have a collection receptacle.
E. Verbally highlight the church bulletin announcements periodically.
F. Select a Sunday in May as Relief Sale Sunday to collect and display the quilts, hand-crafted items, auction items, kid’s auction items, children’s toys, books, and other donations, My Coins Count jar, etc., which congregants are donating to the sale.
G. Inform the IMRS auction chair of items being donated for the auctions.
H. Give a list of the items and donors to the Sale publicity chairs by May 1 to list in the Sale booklet.
I. Inform the congregation of the needs for volunteers and encourage their involvement.
1. Set up for the Sale
2. Work in various food booths and activities
3. Assist with parking.
4. Tear down after the Sale
J. Give names of livestock producers to the head of farmer’s market for meat donations.
K. Inform the congregation of the needs for the sale, (items and/or time) and encourage their involvement.
1. Encourage people to make quilts and to have them done by May 1.
2. Encourage people to make hand-crafted items for the Sale auction and craft booth.
3. Promote the baking of homemade goods – pies, rolls, cookies, cakes, peppernuts, jams, jellies – and homegrown fresh produce.
4. Announce the need for gently used or new children’s toys for the kids’ auction and activities.
5. Designate a location to collect children’s toys and books, adult books, and DVD’s
6. Announce the opportunity for sponsorship (donation) to business owners and individuals.
7. Solicit persons for donating meals in their home for the auction.
L. Inform the IMRS board chair of volunteers who are willing to help.
M. Make available containers (received from Sale committee) for baked items several weeks prior to the sale.
N. Arrange transportation of sale items to the fairgrounds as needed.
O. Inform the congregation of sale results and thank the congregation for their participation.
P. Submit report to Annual Business Meeting.
A. Accountable to: Iowa MCC Relief Sale Executive Committee and Church Council.
B. Membership: Two persons; one person selected annually by Gift Discernment for a two year term.
Other Job Descriptions:
- Adult Superintendent
- Bible School Committee
- Board of Elders
- Boy’s Venture Club Leaders
- Cemetery Sexton
- Christian Nurture Committee
- Church Chorister
- Church Council Member
- Church Council Moderator
- Church Council Secretary
- Church Financial Officer
- Church Historian
- Congregational Life Editor
- Early Childhood Care Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Everence Representative
- Gift Discernment Committee
- Girl’s Venture Club Leaders
- Hospitality Coordinator
- IMS Board Member
- Iowa Mennonite Benevolent Association/Extension Committee Member
- Junior MYF Sponsors
- Lay Delegate to Central Plains Conference
- Library Committee
- MarriageCare Mentoring Program
- MC USA (Mennonite Church USA) Bi-Annual Convention Delegate
- MCC Sale Representative
- MDS Representative
- Mennonite Women President
- Mennonite Youth Fellowship (MYF) Sponsors
- Mid-Week Church Activity Committee
- Missions and Service Communicator
- Music Committee
- Office Manager
- Pastor, Lead
- Primary/Junior Superintendent
- Public Address System Operator
- Second Century Chronicle Editor
- Service Committee
- SIMCA Representative (Southeastern Iowa Mennonite Camp Association)
- Sunday School Secretary
- Usher, Assistant
- Usher, Head
- Worship Committee
- Youth Advocate Coordinators