Select individuals for church offices based on their spiritual gifts and calling for the office. Help the congregation become more aware of the spiritual gifts of each person and accept the responsibility of exercising the gifts in ministry to one another and the world around us.
A. Discern the talents and gifts of the congregation annually.
B. Every 2-3 years conduct a congregational gifts survey.
C. Receive from the Office Manager a list of offices to be filled for the Church year.
D. Solicit suggested names for vacant offices from the congregation.
E. Prayerfully discern persons to fill vacant offices drawing on names submitted by the congregation.
F. Present this list to the Board of Elders, Nurture Committee and Church Council for their approval.
G. Present job description and copy of East Union Sexual Misconduct Policy to approved nominees and ask for their consent to serve.
1. Primary Screen Forms needs to be completed and returned before nominees application is presented to the congregation.
H. Present to the congregation for their approval a list of nominees who have consented to serve.
I. Discern results of congregational voice:
1. Those affirmed are appointed to serve.
2. Refer objections to Elders.
J. Strive to complete Gift Discernment process by June.
K. Submit report for Annual Business Meeting.
L. Comply with the East Union Sexual Misconduct Policy.
A. Accountable to: Church Council and Board of Elders.
B. Membership – five or six persons
2. An Elder
3. Three persons appointed at-large for a three year term. One person selected annually. The Elders shall appoint Gift Discernment Committee members, Who are then approved by Church Council and affirmed by the congregation. Chairperson will be selected by the committee.
Other Job Descriptions:
- Adult Superintendent
- Bible School Committee
- Board of Elders
- Boy’s Venture Club Leaders
- Cemetery Sexton
- Christian Nurture Committee
- Church Chorister
- Church Council Member
- Church Council Moderator
- Church Council Secretary
- Church Financial Officer
- Church Historian
- Congregational Life Editor
- Early Childhood Care Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Everence Representative
- Gift Discernment Committee
- Girl’s Venture Club Leaders
- Hospitality Coordinator
- IMS Board Member
- Iowa Mennonite Benevolent Association/Extension Committee Member
- Junior MYF Sponsors
- Lay Delegate to Central Plains Conference
- Library Committee
- MarriageCare Mentoring Program
- MC USA (Mennonite Church USA) Bi-Annual Convention Delegate
- MCC Sale Representative
- MDS Representative
- Mennonite Women President
- Mennonite Youth Fellowship (MYF) Sponsors
- Mid-Week Church Activity Committee
- Missions and Service Communicator
- Music Committee
- Office Manager
- Pastor, Lead
- Primary/Junior Superintendent
- Public Address System Operator
- Second Century Chronicle Editor
- Service Committee
- SIMCA Representative (Southeastern Iowa Mennonite Camp Association)
- Sunday School Secretary
- Usher, Assistant
- Usher, Head
- Worship Committee
- Youth Advocate Coordinators