Preserve for posterity significant materials and written records of church life.
A. Document and preserve records of:
a. Family histories including births, adoptions, marriages, deaths, etc.
i. Confession of Faith.
c. Special meetings:
i. Spiritual Emphasis.
iii. Meetings concerning congregational life.
d. Church Council Proceedings.
e. Special congregational studies.
f. Church Bulletin and newsletter, etc.
g. Sunday School.
h. Church Directory.
B. Keep record of other significant historical events and changes in the church.
C. Ask committees to furnish records of historical significance.
D. Place duplicate records on the church in the Mennonite Historical Museum in Kalona for preservation.
E. Submit report for Annual Business Meeting.
A. Accountable to: Church Council
B. Membership – One person selected by Gift Discernment for a three year term.
Other Job Descriptions:
- Adult Superintendent
- Bible School Committee
- Board of Elders
- Boy’s Venture Club Leaders
- Cemetery Sexton
- Christian Nurture Committee
- Church Chorister
- Church Council Member
- Church Council Moderator
- Church Council Secretary
- Church Financial Officer
- Church Historian
- Congregational Life Editor
- Early Childhood Care Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Everence Representative
- Gift Discernment Committee
- Girl’s Venture Club Leaders
- Hospitality Coordinator
- IMS Board Member
- Iowa Mennonite Benevolent Association/Extension Committee Member
- Junior MYF Sponsors
- Lay Delegate to Central Plains Conference
- Library Committee
- MarriageCare Mentoring Program
- MC USA (Mennonite Church USA) Bi-Annual Convention Delegate
- MCC Sale Representative
- MDS Representative
- Mennonite Women President
- Mennonite Youth Fellowship (MYF) Sponsors
- Mid-Week Church Activity Committee
- Missions and Service Communicator
- Music Committee
- Office Manager
- Pastor, Lead
- Primary/Junior Superintendent
- Public Address System Operator
- Second Century Chronicle Editor
- Service Committee
- SIMCA Representative (Southeastern Iowa Mennonite Camp Association)
- Sunday School Secretary
- Usher, Assistant
- Usher, Head
- Worship Committee
- Youth Advocate Coordinators